"I am experiencing breakage around my hair line. That hair is tremendously fine. I am not sure if twisting too tight has cause the breakage. I don't use headbands usually."
Breakage could be caused by many things and I can't tell you definitely because I'm not a professional nor can I see your hair. That said here are some things to be mindful of:
1. You diet can cause breakage
2. Stress can cause breakage
3. Make sure your hair is moisturized & handled with care
4. Try not to brush the edges or at minimum use a very soft brush. If you need the edges to lay down achieve this with water, moisturizer, product and tying it down.
5. If you braid (with hair added or not) do not pull it too tight
6. Potentially you could have alopecia. If your breakage continues you may want to speak to a doctor.
Hope that helps and Happy Nappying!