I am doing the 31 Days to Reset Your Life Challenge from HappyBlackWoman.com. It is a “virtual life coaching experience that will equip you with all the tools you need to reset your life”. Here are all my posts.
Day 28 tasks me to
Write a Love Letter to 2010
Now this is one of those assignments that I wish I had done in January because I think my memory may have been “fresher”. Thank God I have a blog where I document my life in photos that can help to jog that aforementioned memory so here goes:
You were one crazy crazy year indeed, potentially one of the most pivotal of my adult life so far!
- I grew my blog and YouTube channel and really got in the swing of things. I would say I’m comfortable yet challenged, which is a good place to be.
- I upped my makeup and wig game.
- I learned that I can live without wearing heels (or even shoes that I think look good) and that I can live with, and learn from, extreme pain.
- I learned more about leg and foot health than in my entire life because of my injuries.
- I gained great compassion for those in chronic pain or any other disorder or ailment that others may not be able to readily identify. My entire perspective has changed.
- I learned that what man plan (Zumba instructor) Jah wipe out.
- I learned I could get a job that “does not exist” and keep it for almost a year.
- I learned there is no “right way” to do things and I am not “doing it wrong”.
- I learned how to use twitter to grow my audience.
- My marriage was changed forever, for the better. I have never felt closer to my husband.
- I am no longer afraid to have children. I may even start trying soon.
- I became less judgemental because I learned that what I was doing was being judgemental and decided to offer grace instead.
- It is now o.k. to say ‘no’ even more because of #8. It isn’t wrong, it’s just ‘no’.
- I finally got my eating under control, specifically sweets.
- I loved traveling to Mexico for our anniversary.
- I continue to have the best friends on the planet. The most supportive, funny group of women I know.
- I wrestled with God in 2010 and God won.