Originally posted on 10/12/2010. Updated 10/26/2010, 6/3/2011 & 7/1/2014 to add videos and update supplements.
I’ve been taking several supplements to help regulate my blood sugar and aid in my leg issues. The current mix is based on visits to my natural health juju doctor chick in past years, my current natural health juju doctor chick as well as trial and error.
The current pills I take every day are (updated 7/1/2014):
- Proglyco SP (K-13) on Amazon | on Google (to aid in controlling blood sugar levels)
- Ortho Molecular Products B Complex on Amazon | on Company website
- Omega-3 Fatty Acid & Vitamin D (to help with my mood)
The pills I take every day are (updated 6/2/2011):
- Proglyco SP (K-13) (to aid in controlling blood sugar levels)
- fish oil (who knows why, i just take what that chick told me to take … joking! it’s the omega 3 fatty acids, they help with joint something or the other)
I no longer take the following supplements daily as of 6/2/2011:
- hyaluronic acid (to help with joint pain)
- Celadrin® (to help with joint pain)
- Adrenacalm (K-16) (adrenal glandular supplement cream)
The current joint creams I’ved used with great success are:
This combination of supplements (all are over the counter, expensive, but over the counter) has been working well for me for weeks-months.
I’ve been taking/using the Proglyco SP & Adrenacalm the longest (maybe 3 months or more now) and it (along with changes in my diet) has helped my blood sugar and other hormonal issues* SIGNIFICANTLY.
The hyaluronic acid was added 2 months ago and I saw some additional relief but it wasn’t totally gone. I still take it just ’cause…not sure if it’s still necessary honestly. I started taking the fish oil at the same time.
The Celadrin was added 2 weeks ago as a maintenance measure. I’d been eyeing/researching it (in pill form) for longer than that so I finally broke down and ordered samples of the cream from the website. I tried it, liked it, so gave in and bought the pills. They are very hush hush about what’s in their “proprietary blend” so there’s no telling what I’m taking . My doctor said take it and tell her what happens … and so far so GREAT especially after dance practice!
The Celedrin cream worked well but I prefer the Arniflora Cream over everything. It has no smell, it’s clear, it’s almost like you’re putting water on your knee . I was thinking “what is this?! this ain’t gonna do a THANG!” but I rubbed that joint on and all bad feelings stopped . Honestly it was hard to evaluate it at first ’cause I wasn’t feeling anything BUT when my period showed up AND I danced like 5 times in 1 week I started to feel a little bit of tingling and soreness so I use it then.
As mentioned above I’ve also made changes to my diet (protein heavy, carbs earlier in the day basically, cut out a lot of sugar) with incredible success. This may also explain why after 6 months+ of not exercising I haven’t gained back 1 pound of the 20ish I’d lost the previous months .
Anyhoo, forgive me again for not documenting this sooner but maybe this will help someone. Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll do my best to find the answer.
Thanks for visiting!
* For several years I’ve noticed a decrease in my general well-being. By that I mean I felt more and more craptastic more and more each year . I chalked it up to hormonal issues and figured it wouldn’t get much worse than mild annoyances. I was wrong. My symptoms eventually included constant nausea & dizziness, migraines, foggy thoughts, difficulty concentrating, fat sitting on my mid-section (which I’d chalked up to age & McDonalds), fatigue no matter how much I slept, a stiff neck, a sharp pain above ear, joint numbness & tingling, suspect circulation, irritability, heartburn, difficulty breathing, heart racing for no reason. … wow, that list is looooooong! Anyhoo, I decided to do something about it after the suffering increased over time so in August of 2009 I started taking bioidentical hormones and had relief from several of my symptoms & I was very pleased. I hurt my right ankle in October of 2009, then again in January of 2010, then I hurt both my legs in March 2010 (obviously cascading injuries…drats). I kept taking the bioidentical hormones until my natural health juju doctor chick and I suspected they may’ve contributed to my injuries so I stopped circa April or May of 2010 and began taking several natural supplements (those above and others that are now defunct) to insure that the previously relieved symptoms did not return. And
uh … didn’t I say I was making this long story short? drats!
Edited 10/26/2010 to add video:
Treat Adrenal Exhaustion / Adrenal Insufficiency with Natural Medicine
Edited 6/8/2011 to add video:
Is There A Cure For Hypothyroidism and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?