Gotten lots of requests for a tutorial on the flat twisted updo with bangs that I’ve been wearing for the past few months. Here you go.
// Steps to achieve this style //
- Starting on damp hair, apply leave in conditioner. Part bangs in horseshoe shape in front
- Part back of hair in to 2 halves with part down middle. Secure each section out of way.
- Starting on 1 side, part horizontal sections and flat twist from front to back, securing base of each twist with hairpin. Repeat until you have 5 twists on each side, all ending in the back.
- Twist the front section going forward as bangs. Can be two-strand twists or flat twists, to later remove for twistout.
- Sit under dryer to make sure hair is dry and set.
- Remove hairpins and braid ends of flat twists upward.
- Tuck end of braid into top and pin until satisfied with security of style.
// Mentioned in video //
Leave a comment: Do you want a tutorial on how to flat twist? Let me know.