So the other day I’m on Facebook and see this video
Uh … ok. *blink* 😐
The Caribbean person in me is like “Why? How? What?” but after living here in Missouri I must admit I’ve seen some avocado butchering in my day. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Then a few days ago a friend complained on Snapchat that avocadoes are hard to cut. Once again I was left scratching my head and decided to film myself cutting an avocado to send to her. I decided it could help others so here you go.
How I Cut An Avocado
- Start by cutting through the top with the CENTER of the knife blade, not the tip (see video)
- Holding the avocado at the bottom cut into top until you HIT THE SEED
- Using the seed as your guide, keep the knife blade on the seed and spin the avocado with the other hand (see video)
- If you’re planning on storing half, store the half with the seed still in it wrapped in plastic wrap and eat soon (like later that day). If longer than a few hours expect a bit of browning.
- If the skin will not peel off once cut use a spoon to scoop the avocado out.