This was by far my most requested video during my mircobraids series: how to remove my microbraids quickly. I have not worn microbraids for over a decade, but the times I did wear them in the past, this is the method I used to remove them. I’m still shocked that people have been out there taking microbraids down one-by-one. No chile!
I took these braids down in just a couple hours and here’s how:
You will need:
- conditioner cap
- fine-toothed comb
- Cut braids above knots
- Slather braids with conditioner
- Cover with conditioner cap & sit under dryer for 30 minutes (or walk around house doing chores for a few hours)
- Use clips/bands to put braids into sections
- Use fine-toothed comb to comb out braid from ends to root being sure to hold braids between thumb & index finger to decrease tugging on roots. Extension hair should slid right out.
I did all of the above on this helpful little video for you viewing pleasure. Enjoy:
Aaaand that my fam concludes my mircobraids series! Be sure to check out the other videos if you missed them:
- Prepping Your Hair For Extension Braids
- Braid Shop Survival Skills
- How To Maintain Microbraids
- How To Do A Braidout On Microbraids
I hope this helps! Be sure to share this post with anyone who need to know this 🙂
Have a great one!