Chellur ya’ll .
Don’t let the fact that I am yet again behind on posts and just washed the press out last weekend stop you from enjoying this quick little video How-To. While I was wrapping my pressed natural hair, I realized I should share with ya’ll because I never was great at wrapping when my hair was relaxed, but this method helped immensely.
How To Wrap Your Hair
You will need a wide-toothed comb, a fine-toothed comb, a wrap scarf, bobby pins, a moisturizing product (optional), and some hair (preferably growing out your head).
- Start with a side part in the front
- Use the wide-toothed comb to detangle your hair, being gentle with the ends
- Use the fine-toothed comb, smooth the larger section down, around your head, and bobby pin it behind your ear
- Part a vertical section in the smaller section and wrap it toward the front of your head, up and around, pinning it down as close to the same ear as possible
- Continue adding sections and pinning them down until you have 1 section left
- Wrap the last section up and around, 1st bobby pinning near the opposite ear, then wrapping and pinning the ends close to the 1st ear
- Add bobby pins as necessary but don’t overdo it
- Cover your hair with scarf of your choice (the one in the video is from HairFashionInnovations.com)
- Awaken, remove bobby pins, use wide-toothed comb to comb down hair. Add a part and style as desired.
Hope that helped!
Until next time Glam Fam I wish you
@Glamazini | facebook.com/IamGlamazini | youtube.com/Glamazini | Google+
Disclosure: I grew the hair in the video from my own scalp and purchased all combs. The curved bobby pins and Jane Carter product were gifts. The hair wrap was sent for review by HairFashionInnovations.com. For more information about the Glamazini.com disclosure policy, click here.