I am re-doing Happy Black Woman’s 31 Days to Reset Your Life Challenge. It is a “virtual life coaching experience that will equip you with all the tools you need to reset your life”.
Day 26 • Reflect, Comment and Connect
I’m not going to redo this assignment.
Day 27 • Start a Side Hustle
Gosh, I re-read my response the last time I did this assignment and boy was I all over the place. I’ve landed the plane a little more decisively in the past months. I blog and vlog and make money doing both. I also started SocialMediaLearningCurve.com to document my journey of mastering social media. They count. Next.
Day 28 • Write a Love Letter to 2010
Last time I did this assignment (in March), I said that I wished I had done this assignment in January because I think my memory may have been “fresher”. Well, you can imagine what I’m thinking now that it’s July: The same thing. To that end, I’m not going to redo this assignment either but feel free to read the letter I wrote last time.
Day 29 • Let Go of the Past
FINALLY I’ve made it to the point where I stopped last time!
I never actually posted day 29’s assignment so here we go:
To join in the 31 Day Reset Challenge & get the full assignment descriptions, visit HowtoResetYourLife.net.
Step 1: Acknowledgement:
Write down all the things that you’re still holding onto from the past
- Negative experiences with family members
- Not pursuing my dreams earlier in life
Step 2: Affirmation:
Find a way to achieve closure; think of an affirmation you can apply
- I have learned from our relationship, and I have grown because of it, negative parts included. I am grateful for the lessons learned and the skills acquired.
- I am pursuing dreams now, and now is what matters. I also know how to design, code and how back-end systems work, which I would not have known if I had not done this lengthy detour, so I do not have to rely on others to do those things for me. Beauty for ashes.
Step 3: Absolution:
Destroy your entire list.
Uh, ole girl says to “tear the page(s) out of your notebook” and “burn it” but seeing that I’m doing it online for the whole world to see that’s not gonna be possible. In other news, I’ve been in therapy for a year so that’s just as good as torching a list of past pains right? Right.
Day 30 • Make 10 Personal Commitments for the following year
I’ve already started doing this type of thing in my head even though I never got to this day in the challenge. Here it goes actually documented for your reading pleasure:
- I will move my Glamazini.com blog from TypePad to WordPress by the end of 2011.
- I will work to make Glamazini.com a viable business by July 2012.
- I will work to grow SocialMediaLearningCurve.com by July 2012.
- I will have over 20,000 subscribers on YouTube by July 2010.
- I will focus on numbers 1-4 above, and guard them, making sure to set up boundaries and say ‘no’ graciously to others when asked to do things that do not add to THE FOCUS.
- I will surround myself will people who believe in possibilities.
- I will have a thriving marriage and grow with my husband.
- I will travel often.
- I will maintain my size 10-12 physique.
- I will not fear, fear is the mind killing little death.
Day 30 • Choose a Theme for 2011 (I’ll do the next 12 months)
Step 1: Choose a theme word for the year ahead.
What one word represents what you want to bring about in the next 12 months?
Step 2: Choose a theme song for the coming year
I love music and already have several songs I would call “theme songs”. Choice #1 would be
Nessun Dorma because I LOVE the end that say “I WILL WIN!”
title=”You Might Win”>You Might Win for the same reason, #winning.
On The Ocean because it’s about possibilities coming to you (and it’s the alarm that wakes me up every morning)
and of course
It is Well because this has been my song for years. In all things I strive for contentment with God’s help.
OMG I made it, I finished!
Even though it took me 6.5 months to do this 31 day challenge it was well worth it. I will definitely review these assignment at the beginning of upcoming years to see if I get any new revelations. Thanks for sticking with me through this entire thing. Once again, to join in the 31 Day Reset Challenge & get the full assignment descriptions, visit HowtoResetYourLife.net.
Until next time Glam Fam I wish you
Life, Liberty & The Pursuit of Nappyness,
Confession: I was gonna add “Everyday I’m Hustlin” to my song list (yes, right after It is Well #keepingitreal) but realized I don’t know the words of the entire song, just the chorus. So I looked it up on YouTube and learned several things: (a) the words to the song glorify superficial foolishness so I didn’t post it (b) the singer (Rick Ross), whom I’ve never heard of, looks just like my brother and therefore, even though he’s trying to look all super tough, all I see is a big teddy bear and want to hug him (c) even though I didn’t post it I am still tempted to download the song and make the chorus my ring tone #don’tJudge … hustlin hustlin hustle hustlin hustlin hustle