The other day I was digging through my nightstand when I came upon my beloved travel clock. It’s a beaut! Sleek, compact, large numbers with a display that lights up, and a built in flashlight with several settings. A true traveler’s dream!
I forgot the blasted thing was even in my nightstand.
Why you ask? Well … it’s my phone, smartphone that is. Ever since I got my beloved HTC Evo 4g last summer I haven’t had a need for my travel clock to wake me on any trips or to light my way. There’s an app for that. . I also no longer use my favorite iPod dock and speakers to wake me up in the morning because … well … there’s an app for that too.
So, I got to thinking …
… what other things has my smartphone essentially replaced?
Here’s my list:
- iPod Speakers/Dock Alarm Clock … I use the Sleep Bot Tracker Log app to wake me up every morning to music.
- Travel Clock … I use the Sleep Bot Tracker Log app to wake me up on trips.
- Flashlight … I use the flashlight in my phone, especially when trying to sneak into the room while hubby’s asleep
- Physical Paper Calendar to track Aunt Flo … I use the Menstrual Calendar app to track that monthly menaces every move!
- Cook Book … Allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner app is a lot of fun!
- Pen and Paper To-Do List … after over a year of using Remember the Milk, I recently switched to using Toodledo in my web browser from my phone
- Physical Photos … I just carry photos of loved ones on my phone now
- Stop watch … I use the timer on the phone (same with countdown clock)
- Watch … I don’t wear a watch, I use my phone
- Appointment Book … I use Google Calendar directly from my web browser on my phone
- iPod … I’m loving Pandora or I just load songs directly onto the phone
- Jump Drive … I use Dropbox on my laptop and phone
- Laptop … I watch videos with the YouTube app, update my blog with the WordPress app, read other blogs with my Google Reader app etc.
- Physical Bible … love my YouVersion Bible app
- GPS … I never actually had one, but I don’t need one now that I have the talking navigation in the Google Maps app.
- Router … I jump online on my laptop using my phone and the PdaNet app.
What has your smart phone replaced?
Life, Liberty & The Pursuit of Nappyness,
@Glamazini | facebook.com/IamGlamazini | youtube.com/Glamazini | Google+
Disclosure: For more information about the Glamazini.com disclosure policy, click here.